Why has my Tassimo brewer stopped working?

Problem -


I have a problem with my Bosch Tassimo brewer. It turns on just fine. But when I add a T-Disc and then press the big button, it doesn’t brew. This is happening whether I’m just brewing coffee, or put a milk T-Disc in to make cappuccino.

It’s weird because when I press the button, I do hear the machine come to life. It makes the usual noise. But the water doesn’t come through. I have tried turning the machine on and off to “reset” it, but that hasn’t helped.

Solution -


I did the same as you, trying to reset the brewer. I also descaled it, just in case.

Assuming your problem is the same as ours was…and it sounds like it might be…the solution is really simple.

You know how every T-Disc has a bar code? When you place the T-Disc in the brew-head, the barcode lies flat on a small area of glass. Or maybe it’s clear plastic. Anyway, beneath that glass or plastic is the barcode reader.

Our problem was that the glass or plastic had become dirty and the reader could no longer “see” the barcode clearly.

As a result, although the brewer came to life – just as you describe – it didn’t know what to do, because it wasn’t receiving any information from the barcode on the T-Disc. So it did nothing!

Here’s what you do. Turn the machine off, lift up the brew head, lift up the thin tray on which you place the T-Disc, and then look for the glass/plastic screen. If it’s dirty, give it a good cleaning.

Once we had cleaned ours, the problem was solved immediately. I hope it works for you too!

Comments

Popular Posts